Friday, June 25, 2010

Head meet brickwall...

Oh Boy.

I've only been gone from work for a week.  ONE week.

How many referrals do we have for s/l testing?




FIVE.


"Only" 4/5 are pre-k.

You know, I've tested at LEAST 80 kids within the past 2 years (plus a few months).  Only one crawled under the table, but those pre-k...some have good knowledge of the word no.  Crossing my fingers that some of these 4 will be cooperative...I'm not betting so much on the twins.  Haven't had very good luck with twins since ...well since a year ago.

And, who thought it was a GOOD decision to pick up a child who scored 105 (average) or better?  My fill-in SLP that wasn't supposed to even be handling meetings this summer for me that's who...which is why I didn't want her there in the first place!  But, now we get to see him for 60 minutes a week when he's three, speaking in long sentences and rhyming!  She's not one to say no...

I'm thinking she needs a lesson (or two) from those pre-schoolers...

1 comment:

Gina said...

Instead of taking a 12 week maternity leave, I am doing 8 weeks full days and 8 weeks half days and this post is exactly why. Hang in there.