Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving In Iraq!!!!!






This picture is not from Thanksgiving, but I just wanted to prove to everyone that it does rain here, and when it does it makes a mess. Not to mention the fog that rolls in a few days after.



So this is how we celebrated Thanksgiving Iraq style. We get the food from the cooks in green containers. Then we put it out and we just dig in. If you notice the frozen pumpkin pie, I think it is still frozen to this day.



The little things in life. Getting to sit down and eat dinner off a plate and not out of a to-go box. Yes we even had fresh bread.



More food, think we had turkey, shrimp, crab legs, and everything else that you would have for thanksgiving dinner. I never thought about crab legs on Thanksgiving.



We even got a nice sunset. Well it only lasted a few seconds and no you do not get the green flash over here.



Just one of the passengers that night. A bomb sniffing dog, pretty cool I think.

Well over all Thanksgiving was ok. The food was good, but that is not as good as home cooked food, but I guess I can not complain.

No comments: